Attendees will learn, among other things,
- The cost to the water system to maintain compliance with regulations, repair, and maintain the system.
- Ways to share resources with systems in the same area to reduce costs.
- How to create a balanced budget, and creating the revenue needed to balance the budget, including the need to charge water rates and how to adjust those rates over time.
- Information on how to build community support and communicate to water customers that they should pay for this service.
- Programs to address affordability concerns for customers, methods of raising revenue, such as connection fees; and financing options such as loans, grants, and private donations.
- This workshop is designed for water systems serving 10,000 or fewer customers, although systems of any size may attend. Please ENTER HERE for more information in EFCN's website.
- Smart Management for Small Water Systems is a program created by the Environmental Finance Center Network (EFCN), an organization creating innovative solutions to the how-to-pay question of environmental protection and improvement.